Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dublin, baby!

Well we've arrived here in Dublin! We're staying at the Avalon House hostel right downtown. This is a very cool city- kind of like downtown Vancouver except a few hundred years older. We took the bus here from the airport, and got to see a little bit of the city from the top level of the bus. We went for a walk this evening and got lost! :) We didn't mind the long walk though after sitting all day on planes and in airports. When we did find our way back, we were so tired we went right to bed (7pm) and now its 2:30 am and I can't sleep! Our room is very hot and humid. Once I got here I suddenly realized just how far away April is, and I'm a little homesick. When I think about it though, I still can't believe that I'm actually sitting in a little room in a cement basement that's painted bright blue in the middle of Dublin city!! I'm so blessed to be here, and I am excited to see how this trip unfolds. Tomorrow we're going to explore this part of the city some more, and also kind of figure out what things we want to do in the next week. We also have to find another hostel, as this one is only booked for tonight and tomorrow night and its too expensive to stay any longer. (we have a room all to ourselves, which is really nice).
Well I should try to get some sleep, I have a feeling my confused internal clock might be translating itself into a confusing and incoherent blog. :P
love you all,
Starr

1 comment:

kristi said...

hey starr! it sounds like you guys are having a blast. i wish i was travelling right now instead of being stuck in classes!! :(
have a good one!