Sunday, February 4, 2007









Well we'be been in Madrid for 5 days now, and we're not sure when we'll be leaving! The plan was so head to Barcelona tomorrow, but Sheri-Lee is quite sick with an allergic reaction to something, and the doctor recommended that she not travel for at least another day, so here we'll stay! We can hardly complain, Elaine and Brent are spoiling us rotten, and we are just loving staying in a safe, clean house with super fun people!
Today, I got to go to a football (soccer) match!!!!! It was Real Madrid vs. Llevanta, and it wasn't actually a terribly good game, but it was so fun just to be there. About 2 hours before the game started, a friend of Brents' showed up with these two tickets that he couldn't use, so Brent took me!! He said, "It'll be just like home, you'll be out with Brent!" hehe. Anyway that was a real experience. I've done such a variety of cool things here in Spain which has been so great; everything from seeing old castles and medieval cities to eating Spanish breakfast at noon and tapas at midnight, to sipping cappuchinos in the Ritz hotel and eating dessert at the Hard Rock Cafe. Plus seeing Real Madrid play!! I think I'm in a state of unbelief, actually, at how blessed I am to be here right now.
These pics are of a few different things. Steph was victorious after having climbed about a million stairs in the gardens at Sintra, when we finally got to the 'top'. I enjoyed some 'Kono Pizza', a delicious food that definitely will come to Canada: its Pizza in a cone!! yum. There's a picture of the Real Madrid Stadium empty, from when Steph and I went on a tour of it, and also a picture of it full of people and players earlier tonight! I love the picture of me 'with the team' haha. Notice Beckham and Ronaldo standing behind me there :P There's a picture of the the S Club hammin' it up in a Museo de Jamon, where they sell ham and other meats, but mostly ham. That's all pig legs behind us!! Its called jamon iberico and its a cured meat that last forever and is very expensive. It tastes pretty good too. We went there for tapas with Brent and Elaine (basically that's just the word they use for snacks, where you order plates of stuff to share and stand around eating it.) They also took us to the Hard Rock Cafe for dessert, it was great.
Well its almost 3 in the morning here, so I should really be getting to bed. Hopefully we can go to Barcelona on Tuesday, and then to Andorra for the weekend. Good luck to everyone writing midterms at home! I think of you all often.
love love love love love love love
starr

1 comment:

Cam Berg said...

Hey Starr,

That's AMAZING!! I am uber envious about the Real Madrid Game, but super excited for you too!! It sounds like you are having a blast and it definitely peaks my interest when it comes to travelling to Europe. Make sure you take lots of pictures and have many stories to tell when you come back!! Lots of love and God Bless!!